PARENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The Parent Advisory Committee, or PAC, is a group of Parkway parents that join together to serve as an avenue for parents, students, teachers, and Parkway staff to come together and share their opinions and concerns in order to enhance the educational quality and learning experience of the students.
The participation and involvement of all parents, students, staff, and teachers is highly encouraged and welcomed.
The PAC meets on the second Tuesday of every month during the school year from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm in the Media Center.
Role & Responsibilities
- To identify common needs and goals among the parents and students
- To be the voice of the students to the school’s administration
- To provide information to parents regarding issues
- To consult with other parents to bring questions, concerns, and ideas regarding issues to the attention of school staff and school administration
- To represent the views of other parents, who may not be able to participate
2. To promote the highest levels of academic achievement for all students
3. To provide the principal with feedback and insight from the parents and students’ perspective on school process, policies, and initiatives to
ensure that the needs of parents and their families are included as decisions are made in the school
4. To support the partnership among parents, students, and the school
5. To act as a liaison between the school and the St Paul Public School Board regarding issues at Parkway with administration, staff, facilities,
6. To involve parents in an organized and timely manner with the planning, review and implementation of the school’s programs
PAC Members Responsibilities
(These responsibilities serve as guidelines, not limitations to the members.)
PAC News and Upcoming Events
Check out the Parkway Calendar ucoming events
Your voice is important to us and we would love for you to join us at our next PAC meeting. If you are unable to attend, feel free to send any comments, questions and/or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to make a monetary contribution to Parkway PAC to help support the various Parkway activities we fund, please write a check payable to Parkway PAC and drop it off at the front office.
To receive Parkway PAC event updates and information, please send us your name and e-mail address at email@example.com and we will add you to our e-mail list for future notifications.
Parent Advisory Committee Description
(Elizabeth Chaney’s Mom):
All parents (open to everyone)