Welcome to the Como Park Elementary School website. We are so glad you have come to learn more about our school. You can use the links at the right and the tip for an overview of our programs. Feel free to call us to get more information or to schedule a tour. Our main office number is 651-293-8820.
Our school offers exceptional resources – including the district’s only onsite planetarium – all near beautiful Como Park. As a result, nature is a special focus for our school. Our community connects regularly with Belwin Outdoor Science, Bakken Museum, Children’s Museum, Big River Journey, Como Zoo, and Starbase. Specialists in reading and math work with classroom teachers at each grade level to support learning, and most of our students achieve medium to high growth in reading and math. Specialists in STEM, music, art, physical education, and dance enrich the core curriculum. Technology is integrated into learning throughout the day with the use of interactive white boards, computers, laptop carts and iPads.
Through caring and collaboration, Como Park Elementary seeks to build a community of lifelong learners demonstrated through achievement in all subject areas.
* Students learn to use technology as a tool for learning, processing and presenting information in a variety of subject areas.
* Como Elementary offers full day Kindergarten.
* The school offers a Community Kindergarten program for targeted 4-year-olds.
* Schoolwide Title I programing provides additional support for students who are not achieving in school up to their abilities.
* Students receive instruction from Specialists in Physical Education, STEM, Art, Music, and Dance.